Classification: General Service, UG
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term, Ungraded, 6 months
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract and staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP). Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Resources Management Officer and direct supervision of National Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for providing human resources’ support to IOM sub office Damak and Kathmandu.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the other HR staff, provide human resources support to IOM Damak and Kathmandu.
- Maintain leave records of staff in Kathmandu and provide reports to supervisors as and when required.
- Maintain the log book for travel authorization & outgoing mails.
- Provide assistance on recruitment process (schedule interviews, reference checks etc.).
- Ensure personnel files and HR files and documents are well maintained physically and in electronic form (e-filing).
- Ensure and follow up on ID cards, medical insurance cards and application forms that need to be submitted by staff member.
- Timely dispatch mail pouch to Sub Office and Manila.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Management from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant professional experience;
- High School degree in above field with three years of relevant experience.
- Experience in office administration work.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email .
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.